At Lockleaze Service Station we use the latest Hoffman Mega Sense Wheel Aligner to check the alignment of your wheels and provide you with a before and after report.
What is 3D Wheel Alignment?
Four-wheel 3D alignment measures data from at least 12 angles and checks that against the information supplied by the vehicle manufacturer. The vehicle steering and suspension can then be adjusted to make sure that all four wheels line up as the manufacturer intended. A customer can be assured that it is a far more accurate method of correcting their vehicle than the older two-wheel / laser alignment systems, often known as “Tracking” which relied on the rear wheels already being accurately aligned.
Improper wheel alignment increases a vehicle’s fuel consumption and also increases tyre wear, subsequently reducing road safety.
Why have 3D Wheel Alignment?
- Reduced tyre wear - saving on unnecessary tyre replacement
- Better fuel consumption - less rolling resistance from the tyres meaning your engine doesn’t have to work as hard to move and therefore uses less fuel
- Improved handling and driver comfort - a reduction in rolling resistance from the tyres creates a smoother driving experience without the need for driver correction of the steering wheel
- Improved safety - lowering rolling resistance in the tyres reduces overheating improving braking and cornering efficiency
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions - as a result of reduced fuel consumption
- Less stress on mechanical components – less rolling resistance puts less stress on steering and suspension components prolonging their life
What does it cost?
The price of £54.00 includes 3D Wheel Alignment check and a front Toe In / Out Adjustment. Other angles are measured including front / rear Camber, Caster & Toe. These can be adjusted at an additional cost.